OSCOLA Hour In-Person
What is the OSCOLA Hour?
An informal support session. You can come along for advice on using OSCOLA for legal citations and referencing.
No need to stay for an hour. Just book up for a session and then drop in throughout the hour and ask your question.
These sessions are run by Lee Snook, your Law Librarian.
Where do the sessions take place?
Forum Library, Level 0 in the Library Liaison Office by the Book Returns machine. Just ask for Lee at the Library Help Point if you need directions when you arrive.
What help is available?
Lee won’t do your referencing for you as that is an academic skill you need to develop and it forms part of your assessed work, but you can come along with queries if you need some guidance.
For example, do you need to know more about ...?
- where to access the full OSCOLA guidance online so you can check your referencing for accuracy
- how to cite a case that is referred to in another case
- how to spot citations in Westlaw
- how to pinpoint to a specific paragraph in a case judgment
- how to use Microsoft Word to add footnotes
- how to use Cite them Right database to assist with your referencing
Related LibGuide: Citing Legal Sources by Lee Snook